Friday, August 22, 2008

Shopping

A while back we spotted this neat looking consigment shop on a back street we rarely travel. Since then we have run by several times while we were out, but they were always closed.

Last week while running errands, we finally managed to get there about 15 minutes before it closed.

What a treasure! The sweetest older couple was in charge that day.

And we found:


A real Seth Thomas metronome for Laura. She'd been using a small purple plastic one that just did not work. What an improvement!


This great old Italian embroidered tablecloth and matching napkins in perfect condition. Smaller than the one I have and white instead of Ecru.


And last but far from least, the white cow creamer! My grandmother had one when I was small and it always fascinated me (doesn't take much). Her's was standing and more delicate, but I like this one and I think it looks nice with my china.

We also found a nice piece of Aida and a yard of muslin for 75 cents!

Good shop!